Today we will give you guide on Oneplus 2. LineageOS 15.0 Oreo 8.0 is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. You can install the Custom ROM without having need of Google Application Installed. Official Lineage OS 15.0 Android Oreo 8.0 does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
OnePlus 2 Specifications
The smartphone comes with a IPS LCD of 5.5-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixel by 1920 pixels. However, it has a PPI of 401 pixels density per inch.
The Oneplus 2 comes along with 1.82GHz octa-core Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 processor and with 4GB of RAM. The Smartphone packs up with 64GB of internal storage. However, you can upgrade up to 256GB via a microSD card. Oneplus 2 packs a 13-Megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The Oneplus 2 runs on Android 6.0.1 and comes with 3300mAh power non-removable battery. The Smartphone covers 151.8 x 74.9 x 9.9 mm dimensions (height x width x thickness) and weight 175.00 grams.
The Oneplus 2 is a dual SIM (GSM) smartphone that accepts a Nano-SIM. Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, USB OTG, 3G and 4G (LTE networks) these all are a lot of Connectivity options. The Oneplus 2 sensors include Compass Fingerprint, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. YOU MUST FIRST BACKUP YOUR FULL DATA BEFORE FLASHING YOUR ANDROID DEVICE. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THEREFORE, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR DEVICE GET DAMAGED OR BRICK.
Installing a custom ROM on a Oneplus 2 requires to Unlock Bootloader on the Oneplus 2 phone, which may VOID your warranty. However, it may delete all your data also. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone. Hence, we cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status:- LineageOS 15.0 Oneplus 2 Android Oreo 8.0 Custom ROM
– Not Distinguished
Step 1: Install USB drivers for your device on your PC.
Step 2: Be sure to backup your data including Contacts, SMS / MMS, APN & MMS Settings as well as photos and videos stored on your device’s internal or external storage.
Step 3: Make sure that your device must well charge. Ideally, the battery level should be around 60-80%. The more the better.
Important: Most of the custom ROM will not have Google APPS in them. So, you will have to download and install GAPPS manually. Also, you must take the backup of nandroid before installing custom ROM. Done with preliminary precautionary steps? So, here’s the guide:
Let’s see how to flash a Lineage OS 15.0 ROM Android Oreo 8.0 on Oneplus 2 using TWRP recovery.
How to install LineageOS 15.0 Oneplus 2 (oneplus2) Custom ROM?
- Download and transfer the official LineageOS ROM and GAPPS for Lineage os you wish to flash to your device’s storage.
- Now boot your Android device into TWRP recovery.
- Select “Wipe” from the TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
└ Note: This will factory resets your device. Simply Skip the step if your ROM does not need a factory reset.
- Now, go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select the official Lineage os ROM .zip file and gapps for lineage os that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- So, finally, when your ROM successfully flashed, you’ll see “Wipe cache/dalvik” option. Thus, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Hit the “Back” button once cache & dalvik wipe completes. Also, hit the “Back” button on-screen and then select “Reboot System” button.