The AKG Y50BT is one of the best budget wireless headphones that do not compromise with performance. These on-ear headphones are an addition to AKG’S Y series of on-ear and in-ear headphones. The headphones boast fresh and bold colors that make them pretty attractive for people looking for something new. The youthful aesthetics are complemented well by crystal clear sound, punchy bass, and the comfort it delivers. As notontop.com describes in their Review of AKG Y50BT Headphones, ”The AKG Y50BT headphones are best suited for those audiophiles who are looking for great-sounding and sleek headphones”. Priced around just $145, AKG Y50BT is indeed a great steal considering its quality and features.
AKG Y50BT Connectivity
The headphones can support both wired and wireless connectivity, and like most wireless headphones, the wireless performance is much better than wired. The AKG Y50BT supports Bluetooth version 3 and can be easily paired with most devices. However, the lack of proper documentation in the shipment can be confusing for many users. So, let’s dig further into a detailed pairing guide for these beautiful cans.
AKG Y50BT – Buttons Manual
On the left earpiece:
- MicroUSB B port for charging
On the right earpiece (Top to Bottom):
- Buttons labeled ‘+’ – are the volume rockers.
- Black button with a dot – Press once to pause/play/receive or reject a call, press twice for the next track, press thrice to play the previous track. Make sure they are quick taps.
- 3.5mm jack – for wired connection
- Black unlabeled button – power on/off
- Fast blinking blue LED indicates it’s on but unpaired.
- Slow blinking blue LED indicates it’s on and paired.
- Slow blinking red LED indicates low battery.
- Black button-like thing- It is the built-in microphone.
How to Pair AGK Y50BT Headphones
The Bluetooth pairing of AKG Y50BT is pretty easy and can be done in a few simple steps given below:
- Turn on the Y50BT headphones with a single press on the power button. As they turn on, the headphone will automatically enter the pairing mode.
- You will see the blue LED blinking fast, indicating that it isn’t paired yet.
- Now turn on the Bluetooth feature on your device and wait for the discovered devices list to refresh. Select the headphone and let them pair.
- If the blue LED starts blinking slowly, congratulations, it is paired, and you are good to go!
Pair AKG Y50 via Bluetooth to iPhone
We all know how sad it was to say goodbye to the universal 3.5 mm jack with the new generation iPhones. This makes wired connection a hassle because not all of us have the convertible adapter with us. Thankfully, AKG Y50BT can be paired wirelessly via Bluetooth across Apple devices. The iPhone pairing process is simple and the same as any smartphone device.
- Turn on the AKG Y50BT headphones, and you will see the blue LED blinking rapidly.
- Go to Settings> Bluetooth> Select AKG Y50BT.
- When pairing gets successful, the blue LED will blink slowly.
Note: If your iPhone doesn’t detect Y50BT, try to reset the headphones by turning them off and on. Remember, release the button quickly to turn on, do not long press.
Pair AKG Y50BT Headphones to iMac
Follow these simple steps to pair your AKG Y50BT to iMac.
- Firstly, make sure your headphones are on and the blue LED is blinking rapidly.
- Start by clicking on the Apple logo on the top left corner of your iMac.
- Select System Preferences> Bluetooth> Turn Bluetooth On> Select AKG Y50BT.
- After connecting successfully, the blue LED blinks slowly.
Overall, AKG Y50BT is a sleek and affordable pair of headphones that are very easy to connect. At first, the lack of instructions and numerous buttons might be confusing, but this simple guide can help ease the job. After all, the initial setup of wireless gadgets can be a hassle, but the user finds it easy over time.
See Also:- Checkout complete guide on LineageOS Custom ROM.