Looking for the guide to get GCam Mod on OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro?
OnePlus manufactures flagship phones that surely offer better performance than all the other phones in the price range.
However, in-camera segments, the phones by Oneplus lacks behind. GCam, or what you can say Google Camera can let you take better shots with your OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
But the biggest question is how to get GCam Mod for OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 7 Pro?
This article will tell you why you should use the Gcam mod and how to install it on your OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
Why You Should Use GCam Mod?
GCam or Google camera has better optimization for the images than your phone’s default camera app.
With that being said, the OnePlus lags in the camera department, no matter how good their software is.
However, installing the GCam Mod on your OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro allows you to take better shots even with a not-so-good camera.
Many users after using the GCam on their OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro are quite satisfied with the photos that they can click now, and also there’s a significant difference noticed in between the photos clicked by GCam and the stock camera.
Photos taken on GCam will have better colors, depth, and details on the subject whereas the stock camera struggles to click good photos, the GCam mod does the job perfectly.
Installing GCam Mod for OnePlus 7 And OnePlus 7 Pro
Before you begin installing the GCam Mod on the OnePlus device, there are some important things to note-
- The GCam Mod will work in any OnePlus 7 series device with Android 10 (OxygenOS 10) and Android 9 ( OxygenOS 9.x).
- You will not be able to use the 48 MP lens with the GCam port.
- You will not be able to use Slow motion mode, RAW capture, and face retouching features in this mod.
- This particular MOD supports importing XML config files for advanced settings.
These were few things that you should keep in mind. Now that you already know why you should use this Mod, let’s start with the installation process.
- First of all, download and install the GCam Mod by Wichaya on your OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro. This Mod works very well with the OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7T, and OnePlus 7 Pro. If you are asked for permission to install from an unknown source, allow it.
- Once down, you will have to apply the XML config file. Download the XML file that is compatible with the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
- After downloading the XML file, you will have to move it to the configs7 folder inside the GCam folder which you will find in your internal storage. If there is no configs7 folder available in the GCam folder, you can create it manually. Mode the XML config file that you downloaded to the folder.
- After that, open the GCam app. Now, double-tap anywhere on the black bar that you find around the shutter button. After you double-tap, a dialog box will appear.
- In the dialog box, select the XML config file, and then tap on the Restore button. The XML configuration will be applied to GCam and you will be able to use GCam Mod on your OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
- After you confirm the changes, the camera app will restart with the best settings. Now you can take beautiful shots with your OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro using the GCam mod.
That’s how you can get GCam Mod for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro. Enjoy taking beautiful shots on your device after installing the Mod on your OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.