In this post, we will talk about custom ROMs. Do you know about custom ROMs? Yeah of course that’s why you search this topic.
We will show you how to download and install LineageOS 18.1 on Google Pixel C that’s the seven-year-old device that comes in 2013.
It has been seven years since to launch of this device and now the software of this device is still stuck officially on android version 5.1 lollipop or android version marshmallow 6.1.
Yes, it sounds horrible to use the five or six-year-old OS in 2021 but that’s not true official support of Pixel C has been stopped in 2015 but the unofficial support is still provided for the device all thanks to the Open source development community.
So today in this post we will tell you how you can update your seven-year-old Google Pixel C on the latest android 11 or Lineage OS 18.1 that is the custom Rom it’s not officially provided by the company but is made by the open-source developers.
It is very easy to install any custom ROM on any device but the problem is if you are not familiar with Technology then It is hard to understand beginners don’t worry we will show you in this post how you can do that and how you can jump in this custom game so read this post till the end and follow the steps carefully.
Why LineageOS 18.1
There are many custom ROMs available for our Google Pixcel C so wide that we install lineage OS 18.1 it is a valid question from people.
The reason for downloading and installing Lineage OS 18.1 is because it has the oldest developer community ever.
It is the oldest custom ROM that is available for the device.
In earlier days this was a very popular name CyanogenMod if you are familiar with custom ROMs you will definitely know about that But now this is the same Rom just the name is changed to the lineage OS.
That’s not all about this custom ROM. The main reason for installing this custom ROM on your device is the features they will provide you.
The lineage OS 18.1 works with the latest android 11 so you will get all the features of android 11 in your Pixel C.
That’s amazing you can use the latest features on your seven-year-old Pixel C.
There are a bunch of the features we will include some of the main highlights of this custom ROM.
- This Rom has a separate conversation section.
- A New Notification history
- Modified chat Bubble
- This Rom also has Native Screen Recording.
There are many other features are also available in this Rom.
Before we begin with this procedure, I would strongly recommend you create a backup of your Pixel C storage and all your files stored on your device. Moreover, it is advised to follow the steps mentioned in this post very carefully to avoid permanent damage or to brick your device. If anything goes wrong the author or GetDroidTips is not responsible for it.
Before doing anything make sure you can read this carefully. There are some requirements for the installation of Lineage OS 18.1.
- The first and most important requirement backup your device, make sure before installing any custom ROM on your device you can take a full backup of your device because when you are wiping your data your phone memory is formatted.
- The next thing you will need to unlock your boot loader is if you are installing any custom ROM for the first time so make sure your bootloader is unlocked.
- After the two requirements are fulfilled you will need to install TWRP recovery for installing the custom ROM.
- After that, you will need to enable your USB debugging on your smartphone to follow these steps to enable your USB debugging.
- Go to the Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Next thing, download the Android SDK tools platform on your PC that will provide you with are necessary files.
- After that, you will need to download Google USB drivers on your PC.
- Finally all set now just download the LineageOS 18.1 for Pixel C here.
- If you want all the Google apps then download the Android 11 GApps file.
Now the all requirements are done you are ready to install the process just follow the steps given below to install and download lineage OS 18.1 on your device.
Credits for the ROM go to XDA Member followmsi.
Install LineageOS 18.1 on Google Pixel C
- First, you will need to transfer the downloaded custom ROM or the GApps to your device’s internal storage.
- Now you will need to connect your device to the PC using a USB cable to make sure your USB debugging is enabled.
- Now go to the SDK platform-tools folder and search CMD in the address bar now press enter this process will open the Command prompt window.
- Execute the below command in the CMD window to boot your device to TWRP Recovery
- adb reboot recovery
- Now that your device is booted in TWRP recovery mode, go to the Wipe section and press advance wipe.
- Then, select the System, Vendor, Data, and the Cache partition and perform a right swipe to format the selected partitions.
- After this go to the install section and find the downloaded LineageOs 18.1 zip file to install the file select and perform the right swipe.
- This process takes a few minutes so wait after that finish the flash you can go again to the install section this time select the GApps ZIP file and perform the right swipe to install it.
- You also need to wipe the cache partition. You could either use the Wipe Cache button that would be available after flashing GApps.
- Reboot your device to the newly installed OS. For that, go to the Reboot and select System.
Conclusion – LineageOS 18.1 on Google Pixel C
So, that is all about how to download and install the Lineage OS 18.1 on your Google Pixel C.
I hope this post will help you to install the custom ROM on your device. A big thanks to XDA developers to build this custom Rom all credit goes to the XDA.
That’s all for today. Enjoy the latest android 11 experience and feature on your old Pixel C device.
If you enjoy the post make sure to share with your friends that want to download and install Lineage OS 18.1 on their device.
In case of Pixel C is not your device then here is the List of Devices getting the Latest Update of LOS 18.1.