Today we know that the whole Android Community is hustling and busting with the latest updates on newly released Android 8.1 Oreo. As the BETA program of Android Oreo 8.1 brought some of the significant changes over existing Android 8.0 Oreo. Also, you can make some of the primary changes, and you will get the new font with the developer preview. So, many of you have a question that what is the new font so, the new font is Google Sans Font. These fonts are extracted directly from the system images.
As they are repacked into the suitable files for installing. Now, you can install Android 8.1 Oreo with the Google Sans Fonts on your respective device. One thing I would like to clear is that new Google Sans Fonts are working on Android 5.0 Lollipop onwards as well as Android 8.0 Oreo. Also, the fonts are working fantastic on Android such a Stock Android, Custom ROM’s you name it.
However, the Google Sans Fonts are compatible with MIUI 8 as well as MIUI 9. Also, those who are running Magisk and Substratum on their devices can also change their Lock screen fonts (now that’s something crazy you will love it). A big appreciation for the development of Elmkzgirxp for enabling this modification. Today we will show you how can you change font of any of the custom ROM whether it can be MIUI, ASOP, Lineage OS 14, Lineage OS 15 and Stock ROM. First, you have to download a flashable zip file of new fonts that Google released in the Android Oreo 8.1. The font is available for all of the Custom ROM’s.
Google Sans Font
Google Sans Font is a new design and style fonts that will definitely surprise you with its huge library. It features a clean and decent layout throughout your device. Your phone messages, file manager, contacts as well as volume panels have a similar layout with these fonts. You can even download Google Sans Font for MIUI as it is completely free to use and easy to download.
Google Sans Font Enabled on MIUI 9
Google Sans Font on devices running on ASOP ROM’s
Method 1:- Install Google Sans Font on MIUI 8 & MIUI 9 with TWRP
- Download MIUI_TWRP_GoogleSans.zip.
- Now you have to boot into the TWRP Recovery > Backup > Select Syste3. Once you have complete backup your data click on the
Install > Select & Flash the zip.
Google Sans Font on MIUI
Note: To get the original Fonts back all you have to do is restore the “system” using TWRP.
Method 2:- Install Google Sans Fonts on MIUI8 & MIUI9 without TWRP
- Download MIUI_GoogleSans.mtz.
- Now install MIUI Theme Editor you can get it from here.
- Now you have to Open Themes APP > Themes > Import.
- Go to the Internal Storage > MIUI > Theme > Select GoogleSans.mtz.
- Now all you have to do is select the font from themes list and Reboot your device to apply the Font.
- To get back the original font, you don’t have to do much all you have to do is “Apply default theme and Reboot device”.
- After selecting the default theme back you won’t be able to see the different effects like bold, italics fonts due to bug on MIUI.
The device with MIUI 9 uses Google Sans Font
Note: Flashing the MIUI_TWRP_GoogleSans.zip using TWRP will fix this issue.
Method 3:- Install Google Sans Font on Stock/AOSP/Lineage OS based ROM’s with TWRP
- First, you have to Download TWRP_GoogleSans.zip.
- Now boot into TWRP.
- All you have to do is Install, and hence Select and Flash the zip.
- Now finally Reboot your System.
–>Steps: How to Install Fonts.
- Download TWRP_GoogleSans.zip
- TWRP > Backup > Select System
- Install > Select and Flash the zip
- Reboot > System
Note: Remember one thing guys if you want to revert back to the original font, restore “System” using TWRP or flash the TWRP_StockRoboto.zip.
How to change Lock screen Font using Magisk Manager and Substratum?
So, guys for changing lock screen Font first you have to make sure that you have either Magisk or Substratum installed on your respective devices. Though, you have to download & install the Substratum theme engine to change your lock screen font.
- Download Magisk-GoogleSans.zip
- Now download Substratum Theme Engine from Playstore.
Download: Substratum Theme Engine
- Finally, you have to download Pixel+2+Lockscreen+Clock_1.0 APK.
Steps for Installation
- In the very first step, you have to Flash Magisk_GoogleSans.zip using TWRP.
- Now in the second step, you have to install the Substratum Theme Engine.
- Now install Pixel+2+Lockscreen+Clock_1.0 APK.
- Open the Substratum APP and now apply the overlay.
- In the final step, you have to Reboot the system. you have successfully installed the Google Sans Font for your Lock screen.
Note: If your Smartphone boot loops or your system UI crashes, flash the rescue package from internal storage > Substratum folder using TWRP.
Also, you guys must try out the Android 8.1 Oreo Google Sans Font on your device as well. Tell your experience and also if you guys think that there are more methods to install do let us know about it. If you have any queries or suggestions, leave a comment below. We’ll be happy to assist you!